A Fresh Start, New Year, Take Action – Make it Happen
Be honest, who woke up this morning vowing to put 2020 behind us and make 2021 a fresh start? Or perhaps we have written a list of New Year resolutions? We may have broken one or two resolutions already. Does this sound familiar?
Yes. Here’s why it does not work – The actions of unsuccessful people.
1. We put too much pressure on ourselves and focus on the goal, not the action. The first time we miss our goal, we feel negative about our goal and; we do not see the bigger picture and tend to give up at the first hurdle. If we believe we are no good and do not deserve to succeed anyway. Our mind will give us what we focus on and we will not succeed.
2. We fail to prepare before launching into our goals or ideas. There is great truth in the saying ‘Those who fail to prepare, prepare to fail!’
3. We have an idea or a goal and we want it to succeed straight away. In other words, we seek instant gratification. ‘We want it all and we want it now!’
4. We are afraid of rejection. So however awesome or average our idea or goal might be, we will never know, because our fear of rejection holds us back from taking action so our idea or goal remains just that, an idea or goal.
5. We fail to be consistent. We may start with good intentions and even last a week or even a month. Then because we do not see the amount of success or improvement, we were hoping for in that week, or month; many of us become disheartened and give up on our goals.
6. We lose focus. We may lose focus on our long-term goal. ‘What was it that made this our dream in the first place?’, ‘Why did we start a business in the first place? buy a gym membership, or even go to university?’ We may even have become bored, or our focus is not relevant to us anymore?
7. Re-evaluate our goals. We all need to re-evaluate our goals from time to time, and there is nothing wrong with this. In fact, it is good practice, it is only wrong when we do not take action on our goals.
8. We get distracted easily and fail to keep going. The road to success is often a long one and we fail to see the value of repetitive action especially if it is tedious. So, we stop working towards our goal and fail to succeed.
9. We have a ‘fixed’ mindset. If we believe we are born with a fixed amount of intelligence, wealth, luck and opportunity. We tend to envy those who succeed; believing that they are more intelligent, wealthy, lucky or given more opportunities than us. This is not true, and we have the ability to change a fixed mindset.
No. Here is why it does work. – The actions of successful people.
1. We take the pressure off ourselves and focus on the action rather than the goal. The first time we miss our goal, we feel positive about our goal and believe we are excellent at what we do and keep going. We learn from our mistakes and adapt our plans and actions until we achieve our goals. Our mind will give us what we focus on and we will succeed.
2. We plan and prepare before launching into our goals or ideas. We do this by writing down our goals and mapping out our path to success. We even visualise our goals. This helps our mind focus on what we want.
3. We have an idea or a goal and we delay gratification in order to gain greater rewards later. For example, rather than watching television we make time to focus on the things that matter, and bring us closer to our goal.
4. We are not afraid of rejection. So however awesome or average our idea or goal might be, we will never give up because we embrace rejection and move forward our idea or goal and eventually succeed.
5. We are consistent every day. We make time every day to focus on the things that will bring us closer to our goals and doing things, however repetitive to make that goal. Consistency and activity eventually get results.
6. We never lose focus. We never lose focus on the goals that are important to us and even if we do (for a moment); we take time out to do something, read a book or listen to a podcast, to remind us why we do what we do.
7. We constantly re-evaluate our goals. We constantly re-evaluate our goals, keeping track of habits and targets to keep us on track. If we are not on track, we tweak our goals to make them work for us.
8. We never get distracted easily and always strive to keep going. The road to success is often a long one and we know the value of repetitive action especially if it is tedious. So, we keep working towards our goal and eventually succeed.
9. We have a ‘growth’ mindset. If we believe we can change the status into are born, we have a growth mindset and believe that with hard work, taking opportunities and determination we can change the amount of intelligence, wealth, luck and opportunity. We tend to celebrate and encourage those who succeed before wanting only to learn from them; until we too are in a similar position. People who have a growth mindset surround themselves with people who are better than them.
10. Outside the Box Education run a one-to-one or group Mindset course via Zoom, If you are interested please call Giselle on 075903 95089. Or email: email@example.com to find out more.