What do you like to do in your spare time? Do you like to read a book? Take a walk with your dog? Do some drawing? Spending time fixing cars? Or gardening?
Wait a minute you’re going to say you don’t have spare time; what with working full-time looking after the children, helping them with their homework, doing the housework, cooking dinner. Yes, I hear you. Life gets busy. And there are only 24 hours in a day!
Yes. They are the same 24 hours that everybody has each day. So, how is it that some people seem to have more time than others?
The answer is they don’t. They just use their time differently.
Now is a great time to assess where you are in life? Are things working out for you? Perhaps, you have discovered that you enjoy working from home more than you thought? Has time at home given you more quality time to spend as a family, grow your own vegetables or perhaps even start your own business?
Often things that we enjoy doing as a hobby or interest can become a way to generate income especially in times such as these when unemployment is high. Opportunities are still out there.
Take gardening as an example:-
1. First of all, take time to work out what you want in life?
2. Secondly, why does gardening appeal to you so much?
3. What aspect of gardening do you enjoy the most?
4. What aspect gardening do you least enjoy?
5. What is your biggest success in gardening?
6. How could others benefit from your interest in gardening?
7. How could you benefit from your interest in gardening?
8. Who, would benefit from your interest in gardening?
Sometimes a hobby or interest is just that. For some people, it is fine for it to stay that way.
But for others, what started out as a hobby or interest becomes much more than that and can change your way of life. However, you choose to use your spare time. Use it wisely, and think positively – Good things will happen!